2019 Rule Book Now Online! :: 1-14-2019
The 2019 Ohio Hot Stove Rule Book has now been posted online!
2019 Rule Changes and Edits :: 10-14-2018
The following rule changes will take effect for the 2019 season:
1. Change Rule X1.D2 to remove EE, E and F (page 10 of 2018 Rule Book) to read ALL CLASSES, with an edit to the existing verbiage to give clarity. Charters will have the ability to monitor through language changes. This will allow teams in the same community, in all classes, to bring up younger player or players during regular season games to play if they cannot field 9 players. Players on an older Class roster could also play in a younger class if they are age eligible.
2. Institute a 15 run mercy rule after 4 innings for Classes F, EE, E and D. The 10 run mercy rule after 5 innings will remain in place.
The following rule book edits will take effect for the 2019 season:
1. Allow wood composite and bamboo bats for all classes
2. Modify Rile 1.10.4 to read “Taping on aluminum or wood bats may be solid or space taped…” In addition, the requirement for wood bats to be space taped will be removed.
3. Add Axe bats as legal for play as long as they meet all other Hot Stove bat requirements for length, weight and material.
4. Place a note under equipment section to allow the use of any safety equipment to include facemasks on defense. Also, C-flap attachments for batting helmets will be legal as long as they are properly installed and pose no safety risk due to improper installation.
2019 Baseball Order Form :: 10-14-2018
For 2019, all teams must use Hot Stove Logo Baseballs for all games. The order form is now available on the Forms page and must be completed and submitted no later than November 15, 2018. For questions, please contact Patty Vasi, email@example.com.
2018 OHSBL Tournament Brackets :: 06-24-2018
The 2018 OHSBL Tournament brackets are now available on-line. Follow the Tournaments link in the menu above.
Lindsay’s Law: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Athletes :: 12-31-2017
All OHSBL Managers, Coaches and umpires must comply with this law that goes into effect in 2017.
In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
For more information, please visit Lindsay’s Law: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Athletes
State of Ohio Concussion to play Law :: 02-19-2013
All OHSBL Managers, Coaches and umpires must comply with this law that goes into effect April 26, 2013!!
Use this site to get your free certification. NHFS Free Concussion Course
- Click on the button that says, please login to order. In the window that appears , click to register.
- When your registration is complete you may "order" the free concussion course offered along the left hand side of the page. Continue following prompts. Although it may look like you'll be charged for the course, there is no cost.
- Once you've completed "checkout," you'll be able to take the free online course and print a compliance certificate.
If you want additional information on this law go to Healthy Ohio :: Concussion in Youth Sports: Ohio's Return-to-Play Law