2022 Class EE-E-D Survey Now Open :: 3-14-2022
The 2022 Class EE-E-D survey is now open. Teams interested in participating in one of these classes for this season must complete the survey. All surveys must be completed no later than May 1, 2022. The costs are: Classes EE-E - $400; Class D - $600. This cost covers all team fees, insurance and tournament fees. Teams would need to purchase baseballs for game use and will be responsible for paying one umpire, each game, at a cost of $60 per game. Additional details are available in the survey. Season will start around May 30. Contact Pat Anderson, email@example.com, with any additional questions.
2022 Rule Book Now Online! :: 1-17-2022
The 2022 OHSBL Rule Book is now online! New this year, the rule book was split into 2 forms
- The Official Rule Book, which covers playing rules
- The Administrative and Tournament Rules and Policies, which covers the administrative and tournament rules.
2021 Rule Changes :: 10-11-2021 (These rule changes will go into effect for the 2022 season)
The following rule changes were voted on by all Charters at the October 10, 2021 Annual Meeting:
1. Remove balks in Class HH
2. Remove coin toss for tournament play and allow team with higher seed to choose home or away each game. In classes where there are more than one region, a coin toss will be used at all State games, with the team traveling the furthest calling the coin toss.
2022 Baseball Order Form :: 9-29-2021
For 2022, all teams must use Hot Stove Logo Baseballs for all games. The order form is now available on the Forms page and must be completed and submitted no later than October 20, 2021. For questions, please contact Patty Vasi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Background Checks :: 1-17-2022
OHSBL has worked with NCSI to migrate to their new platform. Each charter has a unique link to complete their respective background checks. Charters are asked to publish the new links and let coaches know about the change. Background checks are required for all coaches and personnel that are assisting at games or practices. The system is a self-pay, cost of $20 and background checks are good for 2 seasons.
RULE INTERPRETATION - Courtesy Runner in Continuous Batting Order :: 3-8-2020
The following interpretation has been made by Lou Vasi, OHSBL Rules Interpreter: When a courtesy runner is to be used for the catcher by a team using a continuous batting order, the last recorded out is the player designated as the runner. In the event the first batter of the game requires a courtesy runner, the last person listed in the batting order is considered to be the player to be used.
Lindsay’s Law: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Athletes :: 12-31-2017
All OHSBL Managers, Coaches and umpires must comply with this law that goes into effect in 2017.
In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
For more information, please visit Lindsay’s Law: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Athletes
State of Ohio Concussion to play Law :: 02-19-2013
All OHSBL Managers, Coaches and umpires must comply with this law that goes into effect April 26, 2013!!
Use this site to get your free certification. NHFS Free Concussion Course
- Click on the button that says, please login to order. In the window that appears , click to register.
- When your registration is complete you may "order" the free concussion course offered along the left hand side of the page. Continue following prompts. Although it may look like you'll be charged for the course, there is no cost.
- Once you've completed "checkout," you'll be able to take the free online course and print a compliance certificate.
If you want additional information on this law go to Healthy Ohio :: Concussion in Youth Sports: Ohio's Return-to-Play Law